European Mas-Wrestling Championship in the absolute category (men and women) - 2021
European Mas-Wrestling Championship in absolute weight category (men, women)
September 18 – 20, 2021, Istanbul, Turkey
Targets and goals
Competitions are held with the aim of promoting and developing mas-wrestling in the world and set the following tasks:
- strengthening friendly sports relations between European countries;
- identification of the strongest European mas-wrestling athletes.
Dates and venue
European Mas-Wrestling Championship in absolute weight category (men, women) will be held on September 18-20, 2021 in Istanbul, Turkey, on the territory of the former International Airport named by Ataturk.
The arrival day is September 18, 2021, the departure day is September 20, 2021.
Competition Program: *
September 18 (Saturday) – Arrival day.
4 – 9 pm - Registration and Admission, Weigh-in and Draws of participants;
September 19 (Sunday) - Competition day;
September 20 (Monday) – Departure day.
* The program of the competition is subject to change.
The overall management of the preparation and conduct of the Mas-Wrestling European Championship in the absolute weight category is provided by the International Mas-Wrestling Federation and World Ethnosport Confederation.
The direct conduct of the competition rests with the Main Jury, approved by the International Mas-Wrestling Federation.
Men and women are allowed to participate in competitions on request from national mas-wrestling federations, not younger than 18 years old on the day of the competition, who have undergone a medical examination and who do not have contraindications to strength sports, also with a negative test result for the new coronavirus infection COVID - 19 by the polymerase method chain reaction (PCR) not earlier than three calendar days before the start of the competition of each participant or a certificate of vaccination against the new coronavirus infection COVID-19.
*Terms of participation are subject to change
National mas-wrestling federations have the right to put up to 3 (three) athletes in each category. The All-Russian Mas-Wrestling Federation - up to 2 athletes in each category.
Participants are required to perform in sports clothes in accordance with the rules of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation:
- men - shorts for mas-wrestling (tight-fitting or loose fit, up to or below the knees) of an established IMWF pattern, red or blue (by lot);
- women – mas-wrestling shorts (tight-fitting or loose-fitting, up to or below the knees) and a sports jersey (t-shirt, top or t-shirt with long sleeves), an IMWF-installed red or blue pattern (by lot). It is prohibited to mix blue and red t-shirts (T-shirts, T-shirts or long sleeves) and shorts.
Athletes must compete in sports shoes with a soft sole without spikes. It is prohibited to use shoes with heels, with a sole, lined with nails, buckles or other metal, plastic and pointed elements.
In order to prevent sports injuries, the use of the following personal attributes is allowed:
- elastic bandages not wider than 25 cm;
- special belts with a width of not more than 10 cm, while the weight of the belt should not exceed 1.5 kg;
- knee pads and elbow pads with a width of no more than 30 cm.
- handhelds that are not larger than the width and height of the athlete's palm, while using any foreign liquid substances for the treatment of handhelds;
- sports taping;
- means without adhesive properties in the form of powders (magnesia, rosin), liquid magnesia.
Insurance of the competitors
Participation in competitions is allowed only if there is an original contract for life and health insurance against accidents for each participant, which is provided to the commission for registration and admission of participants.
Participants are insured at the expense of sending organizations.
Competitions are personal and are held in the absolute weight category among men and women according to the current rules of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation, according to the system of elimination after two defeats, divided into groups "A" and "B".
In the first round, pairs are drawn up according to the draw. Athletes who won their bouts continue to compete in group "A" until reaching the final, losers continue to compete in group "B" and have the right to fight only for third place. If in group "B" there are two athletes who previously met in group "A", then they are given a second bout. All athletes who have lost two times are eliminated from the competition. With an odd number of participants, the athlete occupying the last numbering in the draw in the course becomes free in this circle and in the next round of the competition rises to the top line of the tournament table and competes with the red side of the platform.
In the system of competitions, changes are possible depending on the number of participants according to the rules of the competition.
- Men - absolute weight category (minimum weight 95 kg);
- Women - the absolute weight category (minimum weight 75 kg).
The final results (protocols) on paper and electronic media are submitted to the International Mas-Wrestling Federation within two weeks from the date of the end of the sporting event.
Participants who took the 1st, the 2nd and two 3rd places in each category at the European Mas-Wrestling Championship in the absolute weight category will be awarded diplomas, medals and valuable prizes