Senator Alexander Akimov chaired a meeting of the Presidium of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation
A meeting was attended by:
Members of the Presidium
1. Alexander Akimov, Russia - President;
2. Arnold Mokhov, Russia - Secretary General;
3. Alexander Kim-Kimen, Russia - the 1st Vice President;
4. Odd Haugen, USA - Vice President;
5. Lena Tomskaya, Russia - Vice President;
6. Bakyt Etigenov, Kyrgyzstan - by power of attorney;
7. Igor Alekseev, Russia;
8. Tamas Deli, Hungary - by power of attorney;
9. Valeriy Gazaev, Ukraine;
10. Mikhail Gulyaev, Russia;
11. Vitalijs Dubovs, Latvia;
12. Talap Imataliev, Kazakhstan;
13. Chad Clark, USA;
14. Omarmukhtar Tamboli, India;
15. Artavazd Nalbandyan, Armenia;
16. Juha-Vesa Jantti, Finland.
1. Innokentiy Grigoriev - Minister of physical culture and sports of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
2. Gavril Mokhnachevskiy - Director of the “Republican center of National Sports”
3. Gennadiy Vasiliev – Deputy director of the “Republican center of National Sports”
4. Hanne Bingle - Responsible for the development of Mas-Wrestling in UK
5. Ilgam Kadyrov - Vice-President of the Mas-Wrestling Federation of Uzbekistan
6. Andrew Bolinger - Representative of the Canadian Mas-Wrestling Association
7. Hassane Fousseni Nadey - Technical Director of the Benin Mas-Wrestling Association
1. Vasiliy Protopopov;
2. Nurgun Ignatev;
3. Aina-Katerina Anufrieva.
1. Kunney Filippova – interpreter;
2. Leah Tikhonova – moderator.
In his welcoming speech, Alexander Akimov thanked his colleagues in different countries for their dedication to a common cause, for the fact that, despite the most difficult conditions of restrictive measures, everyone is conducting systematic activities to develop Mas-Wrestling.
First of all, President Alexander Akimov accepted the report of the IMWF Secretary General Arnold Mokhov on the activities of the IMWF for the 1st quarter of 2021.
Next, the floor was taken by the first vice-president of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation Alexander Kim-Kimen. He spoke about participation in the IV International Forum of the World Ethnosport Confederation, which was held under the leadership of Necmettin Bilal Erdogan and Turkish Minister of Sports and Youth Mehmet Muharrem Kasapoglu. The high forum was attended by the ministers of sports of the Gambia, Qatar, Mali, Serbia and Somalia, government officials, sports functionaries and representatives of federations from 60 countries.
The second item on the agenda was the discussion of the sport events of the IMWF Calendar Plan for 2021: the World Championship in the absolute category, stages of the World Cup, continental championships, international tournaments and presentations.
Initially, it was decided to take into account the epidemiological situation of the host countries of the competition and allow changes in the place and timing of sports events.
The calendar plan is usually submitted for consideration by the General Meeting in order to unite efforts to implement it.
According to the schedule, the speakers were:
1. On the preparation of the Mas-Wrestling World Championship in the absolute weight category among men and women in Edmonton, Canada, representative of the Canadian Mas-Wrestling Association Andrew Bolinger.
2. On the Mas-Wrestling World Cup stage - Mas-Wrestling European Open Championship in Pyhtää, Finland, President of the Mas-Wrestling Federation of Finland Juha-Vesa Jantti.
3. On the Mas-Wrestling World Cup stage - the Asian Open Mas-Wrestling Championship in Khiva, Uzbekistan, Vice-President of the Mas-Wrestling Federation of Uzbekistan Ilgam Kadyrov.
4. On the final stage of the Mas-Wrestling World Cup in Moscow, Russia, President of the All-Russian Mas-Wrestling Federation Mikhail Gulyaev.
5. On the preparation of the European Mas-Wrestling Championship in the absolute weight category among men and women in Riga, Latvia, President of the Latvian Mas-Wrestling Federation Vitalijs Dubovs.
6. On the presentational Mas-Wrestling tournament at the FITXPO in Liverpool, Great Britain, Hanne Bingle, responsible for the development of Mas-Wrestling in Great Britain.
7. On Mas-Wrestling Championships and activities on the American continent, IMWF Vice President Odd E. Haugen.
8. On the African Championship in Cotonou, Benin, Technical Director of the Mas-Wrestling Association of Benin Hassane Fousseni Nadey.
Vice President Lena Tomskaya spoke about telecommuting in a pandemic and plans to shoot a series of films "Mas-wrestling Planet".
Summing up the meeting, Mr. Akimov informed everyone that drafts of documents were developed for holding anniversary events dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation and the 25th anniversary of the Mas-Wrestling Federation of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) and the Mas-Wrestling World Championship in 2022 for the 100th anniversary of the YaASSR. Also, work is underway to develop terms and definitions for Mas-Wrestling.
At the suggestion of the world sports community, the President intends to sign a document on the establishment of the International Mas-Wrestling Day with a date on the last Saturday of June as a tribute to the Yakut people, who gave the world their national sport. It was decided to coincide with this event the creation of the holiday logo and anthem of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation in three languages: Yakut, Russian and English.
“As you can see, our plans are ambitious as always,” the president said. - It's great pleasure. But we must show enviable tenacity and strength of character and continue to comply with epidemiological requirements for as long as it is required.
I believe that with our joint efforts we will be able to carry out all our planned events with dignity.
Thank you all for the work done, loyalty to our goals and ideals!”
P.S. All speakers’ speeches will be in the following publications.