Mas-Wrestling World Cup 2019: 1st Stage. Mas-Wrestling Europe Open Championship
1. Dates and venue
The 1st Stage of the Mas-Wrestling World Cup 2019 and Mas-Wrestling Europe Open Championship are held from 6 to 10 June 2019 in Baku (Azerbaijan) at the address: Apsheron Olympic Sports Complex, 17 km of the Baku-Guba route. The day of arrival is June 6, 2019, the day of departure is June 10, 2019
Program of the competition*:
June 6 (Thursday) – Day of arrival.
June 7 (Friday)
10:00-14:00 – The work of the commission for registration and admission of participants;
15:00-17:00 – Weighing and drawing of participants:
Men 60 kg, 90 kg, 125 kg;
Women 55 kg, 75 kg, 85 kg;
17:00-18:00 – Meeting of the jury with coaches and representatives of the participating countries.
June 8 (Saturday) – 1st Day of the competition:
10:00-17:00 – Preliminary, consolation and semifinal bouts:
Men 60 kg, 90 kg и 125 kg;
Women 55 kg, 75 kg и 85 kg;
16:00-18:00 – Weighing and drawing of participants:
Men 70 kg, 80 kg, 105 kg и 125+ kg;
Women 65 kg и 85+ kg;
June 9 (Sunday) – 2nd Day of the competition:
10:00-18:00 – Preliminary, consolation and final bouts:
Men 70 kg, 80 kg, 105 kg и 125+ kg;
Women 65 kg и 85+ kg;
June 10 (Monday) – Day of departure.
* There may be changes in the program of the competition.
2. Terms of participation
Men and women are allowed to participate in competitions on request from national mas-wrestling federations, not younger than 18 years old on the day of the competition, who have undergone a medical examination and who do not have contraindications to strength sports.
National mas-wrestling federations are allowed to send up to 36 (thirty-six) athletes to participate in the competition; All-Russian Mas-Wrestling Federation - up to 24 (twenty-four) athletes; Azerbaijan Mas-Wrestling Union, as a host - up to 48 (forty-eight) athletes.
Participants are required to perform in sports clothes in accordance with the rules of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation:
- men - shorts for mas-wrestling (tight-fitting or loose fit, up to or below the knees) of an established IMWF pattern, red or blue (by lot);
- women – mas-wrestling shorts (tight-fitting or loose-fitting, up to or below the knees) and a sports jersey (t-shirt, top or t-shirt with long sleeves), an IMWF-installed red or blue pattern (by lot). It is prohibited to mix blue and red t-shirts (T-shirts, T-shirts or long sleeves) and shorts.
- competitors must compete in sports shoes with a soft sole without spikes. It is prohibited to use shoes with heels, with a sole, lined with nails, buckles or other metal, plastic and pointed elements.
In order to prevent sports injuries, the use of the following personal attributes is allowed:
- elastic bandages not wider than 25 cm;
- special belts with a width of not more than 10 cm, while the weight of the belt should not exceed 1.5 kg;
- knee pads and elbow pads with a width of no more than 30 cm.
- handhelds that are not larger than the width and height of the athlete's palm, while using any foreign liquid substances for the treatment of handhelds;
- sports taping;
- means without adhesive properties in the form of powders (magnesia, rosin), liquid magnesia.
3. Applications for participation
Preliminary applications indicating the number of athletes, coaches and representatives must be submitted until May 20, 2019 at:
- Russian Federation, Yakutsk, Kirov st. 20 building 1, International Mas-Wrestling Federation, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel .: +7 411 2 508 572;
- Azerbaijan, Baku, st. A. Aliyev 5/29, Azerbaijan Mas-Wrestling Union, e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +99450 3211834, +99455 3111318.
The application for registration and admission of participants to the competition is submitted by applications signed by the head of the national federation and the doctor, as well as the following documents for each athlete:
- life and health insurance policy against accidents (original);
Delegations of countries that need a visa to stay in Azerbaijan should send a list of participants to the organizers in advance indicating full names, gender, passport numbers (also their dates of issue and validity), dates of birth, scanned copy of the first informative page passports
5. Conditions of the competition
Competitions are personal in nature and are held according to the rules of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation.
Depending on the number of participants in the weight categories in the system of the competition, changes are possible according to the rules of the competition:
- for 6 or more athletes in the weight category according to the system with elimination after two defeats, with division into groups “A” and “B”;
- for 5, 4 or 3 athletes in the weight category a circular system is applied;
- for 2 or less athletes in the weight category, the weight category joins the next weight category.
1st Stage of the Mas-Wrestling World Cup will be held in following weight categories
- men - 60 kg, 70 kg, 80 kg, 90 kg, 105 kg, 125 kg, 125+ kg;
- women - 55 kg, 65 kg, 75 kg, 85 kg, 85+ kg.
The points for the first stage of the World Mas-Wrestling Cup in 2019 are awarded according to the following system:
1st place - 16 points;
2nd place - 12 points;
3rd place - 10 points;
4th place - 9 points;
5th place - 8 points;
6th place - 7 points;
7th place - 6 points;
8th place - 5 points;
9th place - 4 points;
10th place - 3 points;
11th place - 2 points;
12th place and subsequent places - 1 point.
The final results (protocols) on paper and electronic media are submitted to the International Mas-Wrestling Federation within two weeks from the date of the end of the competition.
6. Insurance of the competitors
Participation in competitions is allowed only if there is an original contract for life and health insurance against accidents for each participant, which is provided to the commission for registration and admission of participants. Participants are insured at the expense of sending organizations.
7. Security and Safety
Competitions are held at sports facilities that meet the requirements of the relevant regulatory legal acts in force in Azerbaijan and aimed at ensuring public order and the safety of participants and spectators, provided there are acts of readiness of sports facilities to conduct events approved in the prescribed manner.
The competition venues must have qualified medical personnel.
Expenses for the preparation and conduct of competitions are borne by the Azerbaijan Mas-Wrestling Union and the Organizing Committee of the venue on the basis of equity.
The costs of secondment of competitors (travel, accommodation, food, insurance, visa expenses) are borne by the sending organization.
Participants who took 1st, 2nd and two 3rd places in weight categories at the 1st Stage of the Mas-Wrestling World Cup are awarded with diplomas, medals and money prizes.
10. Marketing and advertisement
The Organizing Committee guarantees that the sponsorship rights of partners and sponsors of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation, stipulated in the relevant agreements, including the marketing guidelines of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation.
11. Mass media
The Organizing Committee guarantees the provision of appropriate working conditions at the event for accredited media representatives in accordance with the guidelines of the International Mas-Wrestling Federation about Mass Media.